My Bechamel And Soya Sauce Mushroom Pasta
Pasta, pasta, pasta. Hands down my favourite thing to eat and cook at the moment, but only if it`s really delicious and creamy.
So as I said I try to be creative with my cooking so I added some special ingredients to the basic Bechamel sauce like soya sauce and mustard (yup) and it tastes AMAZING.
The Soya sauce adds soo much texture and reminds you of them good suhis.
It`s wild, creamy and very surprising at the taste so let`s get cooking!!
For a basic Bechamel sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of flour,
- 500 ml of milk;
- salt and pepper (according to taste)
What I added to the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of mustard;
- 1 teaspoon of Soya sauce;
- one glove of garlic grated;
- some grated cheese ( depending on how creamy you want it)
Pasta, any type you want;
Herbs: basil, sage, mint...(really any edible herbs you have, no opium though, no opium)
- For the pasta: put some water to boil then add the pasta with some salt and oil and let it cook until soft and edible. Then put some butter in it to melt, and let the pasta drain.
- For the sauce: mix all the ingredients together in a bottle, firmly close and shake until everything is well mixed OR put it in a bowl and whisk it with a fork;
- Put some butter in a saucepan then add your well mixed sauce in;
- On a low heat, stir gently until bubbly and heavy;
- Take pan off the heat;
- Add your mushrooms (you can also add cooked squid or shrimp);
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce pan with the sauce and mushrooms;
- Mix well, add some herbs and serve;
- Don`t mix the sauce with the pasta until you want to serve unless you want it be too dry instead of creamy.
- It can be accompanied with roasted chicken or smoked fish although it is heavy and consistent enough to serve as a meal on its own. Bonne Appetit.
What would you add or remove from this recipe to make it personal? Let me know in the comments and happy cooking x)