Dates & Spices Teacake For Suhour Boost!!
Who doesn`t like a sweetness to snack on during the Ramadane nights and especially something that will give you strength and energy during the fasting day.
This teacake is perfect for that, it`s healthy, delicious and easy to make.
So let`s dive into it.
- 110g of soft butter;
- 100g dates dries, pitted and chopped;
- 60 ml of honey ;
- 150g brown sugar;
- 250 ml water;
- 2 tsp baking soda;
- 300g self-rising flour;
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp mix of spices (cinammon, ginger)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Butter the molds.
- In a sauce pan, mix the butter, the dates, the honey, the grapes, sugar and water. Cook to a boil and stir until the dates fall apart and kind of melt.
- Out of fire, gradually incorporate the baking soda, one spoon at a time while stirring.
- Let it cool.
- Sift the flour seperately;
- To the dates preparation, add the eggs then the flour. Add the spices and batter well.
- Pour the dough in the molds and bake for 15 to 20 mins.
Baking Golden Tip: To know your cakes are ready, they should be gold at the edges and when you introduce a knife through the cake it comes back clean with no dough on it.
You can bake it in little molds for individual consuming, or in a big one for the whole family. The time of baking actually depends on that, in either cases, check the cake after 20 mins and with the Baking Gold Tip of teh day, see if you cake is ready. if not let it bake for a couple more minutes.
Serve with tea or milk. Enjoy!!
And may God be pleased with your fasting.