2 Easy Recipes For College & Summer Trips.
For the Ramadane Introductury post I asked you guys to fill up the following form and suggest me what you want to see.
Someone suggested recipes for college students which I assume should be easy and quick to make but also light so that you don`t fall asleep in class from heavy food.
The recipes I`m about to show you are perfect for that but also good for summer trips and summer in general because they are fresh and can be eaten cold at any time.
The Sushi Salad Jar.
This one has a lot of room for you to be creative and mix as much goodness in it as you want.
The following combination is what I call the Sushi Salad in jar because I`m craving sushi so bad at the moment and decided to put the essantials of sushi in it. but really you can add or switch elements from every category to make it your own and depending on what you have.
As long as you don`t mix it, this salad could be stored up to 3 days. When you want to eat it, shake the jar upside down so that the dressing gets to everything and elements mix together and eat with a spoon. (the fork doesn`t work actually :p )
Ingredients (for salad)
- Veggies: green bell peppers ( cut in little cubes)
- Fruits: Mango, Avocado ( cut in little cubes and squeeze some lemon on the avocado)
- Nuts & dried fruits: walnuts.
- Protein: Salmon or shrimps ( I unfortunately can`t get any at the moment)
- Diary: Red cheese (cut in little cubes). I mixed this with some corns and olives
- Carbohydrates: Rice ( cooked in water and salt, after I drained it, I added some butter and pepper)
As I said, replace or add any of these with any thing you want, you can even skip fruits or protein or whatever, but the wholer, the healthier.
(For the Soy Sauce dressing)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- A bit of ginger grated or powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil.
- salt and pepper to taste.
For the dressing you`ll have to make one that goes with the elements you choose. For example, it`s the soy sauce vinaigrette that I`ll use for this sushi salad jar. A mayonnaise vinaigrette would go well with potatoes and tomatoes and maybe some chicken. Just play around.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour the dressing at the bottom of your jar.
- A layer of avocado
- then rice
- cheese olives and corn
The rule here is in the order of layers: start with the softest and most liquid elements at the bottom of the jar and level up to the toughest and crunchiest.
Mix and enjoy. I ate this to the break the Ramadane fasting and OMG it`s soo good, so fresh and nutritious and you really won`t need to eat anything else with it, it has all.
The cold Croissant Sandwich.
Cold sandwiches are one of my favourite on the go meals, especially during summer when I can`t bare eating hot food anymore.
I chose to make this sandwich in a croissant because I love them but it can also go with some good parisian baguette. This croissant is homemade that`s why it`s different than the pastry shop croissant.
Ingredients for 4 croissants:
- 1 Tomatoe cut in round THIN slices;
- 1/2 cuncumber cut in round THIN slices.
- Chicken breast cut in THIN slices as well
- olives and pickles for some acidity ( optional)
- Red cheese.
- For the buttering:
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese OR Sugar-free yogurt OR both ( 1 tbsp of this and one of that)
- Herbs( basil, mint) Cilantro (all finely chopped)
- Half a clove of garlic ( grated) (optional, if you don`t have a gum to eat afterwards);
- 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the buttering: you mix all the ingredients and butter the inside of your croissant/ bread with it.
For the chikcen:
- slice the chicken breast in fine and long slices;
- put some butter in a pan and put the chicken to cook on low heat;
- season with salt and pepper and some herbs (as always)
- cook until slightly gold on both sides;
- turn the heat off, put slices of cheese on top of chicken slices, cover pan and let it melt a bit.
Assembling the sandwich:
Now that you`ve buttered the croissant, put 2 tomato slices topped by the chicken and cheese slices inside, then 3 of cuncumber (depending on size), add the olives and pickles.
Wrap it up and bring it with you wherever you want.
THAT`S A WRAAP, put this page on your Favourites and come back to it whenever you want.
Also, what other recipes would you like to see over here. Let me know in the comments and don`t forget to fill the form of suggestions ;)
Grow Gracefully Daisies *.*